Certified Mold Testing & Remediation Specialists
EPA Certified Lead Safe Renovation Firm # NAT-86729-1
NJ Home Improvement Contractor Registration # 13HV06597500
(609) 466-4302 (fax)
[email protected] (email)
You may have many questions and concerns regarding unpleasant odors in your environment or that stain you see under the sink; questions we hear all the time, such as “What is mold?” or “How does mold inflict damage?” and of course “How to clean mold completely?“.
We have the answers for you, so please read through to find out more about mold and how to eliminate it.
Please do not hesitate to call us for a FREE visual inspection.
Is all Mold the same?
No, all mold is NOT the same! While there are a very large variety of fungal species, estimated to range from tens of thousands to perhaps three hundred thousand or more, the most common varieties found inside our homes include Aspergillus, Aspen, Cladosporium, Stachybotrys, Penicillium and Alternaria. Some mold is non-toxic and other types of mold are toxic. Some mold take on the color or tint of the object/material that it is attached to.
Is all “Black Mold” toxic?
No, there are many species of Black Mold, some are non-toxic and some are toxic. Don’t allow the color of mold trick you into thinking it is non-toxic or toxic. Call in the professionals to determine the type of mold, level of infestation and proper method of remediation.
What Causes Mold?
Leaks, commonly found in basement walls, in exterior facing walls, in attics, crawlspaces, etc..all can cause mold issues. Moisture and leaks are the main cause of mold infestations; high humidity levels trigger fungus germination and growth, while lower humidity tends to increase the release of mold spores as a method of self-preservation.
What are the indicators of Mold?
- A musty odor is usually among the first symptom of Mold.
- Someone in a home or building that has suddenly develops a chronic respiratory illness that a physician or allergist diagnoses as an “environmental cause” may be caused by mold.
- Dots, discolorations, mossy like growth, or a green haze or powder on building materials, clothes, personal belongings, etc.. may be caused by mold
- Water or Moisture leaks, being the easiest to spot, are also good indications that mold may be present.
How does mold inflict damage?
Mold spores are found inside and outside our homes and buildings. It is a natural occurring fungus which is easily transported in the air we breathe and can be absorbed into our body without our awareness.
When mold is toxic, mold removal becomes an urgent matter. Mold produces poisonous substances which may affect the entire human body. These contaminants can be ingested through food, inhaled through air or absorbed by contact with the epidermis (skin). The results are critical and require immediate attention.
Mold on building materials can cause serious structural damage and cosmetic damage as the mold works to decay or decompose the material just like it would in a forest where a tree fallen.
- Conduct a visual inspection
- Perform Air Quality tests, including swab and air quality samples.
- Our Air Quality Test samples are conducted by certified inspectors and tested by only certified independent laboratories. All test results are emailed or mailed to you with a comprehensive summary that explains the test results.
- If the Air Quality Test indicates a high level of harmful or toxic mold, we suggest the following actions:
- Mold remediation (removal), perform mold abatement procedures using only “green” mold cleaning materials for a safe & permanent mold remediation.
- Fungicidal protective coating application to prevent future mold growth in treated area.
- An “Air Scrubber” machine is placed at your residence or building for up to 72 hours. This high capacity air cleaner exchanges the air in your building quickly and effectively through the use of HEPA (High Efficiency Particulate Arrestance) filters. Your air is cleansed over and over to remove any remaining air borne mold spores and other allergens.
- Final “Clearance Test” confirms that complete remediation of mold or that the mold count is within acceptable levels. All Mold remediation services rendered by Radiation Data are guaranteed to pass a mold clearance test as preformed by a 3rd party laboratory.